Thursday 30 October 2014

A robot, a birthday and a gorgeous book!

My youngest, Cuddlepie, had his third birthday recently. And such an event definitely required some knitting!

A robot from the English magazine, Simply Knitting, an old back issue from I can't remember when! It is a lovely magazine, worth buying, but expensive to buy here in Australia. I tend to buy up lots on ebay when I spot them.



As you can see, he was a work in progress in these photos, although I did finish him in time for the birthday (just don't have a photo of that yet!) It is an Alan Dart toy pattern. I do enjoy making his toy patterns.

For reading, a gorgeous book, Noodle's Knitting by Sheryl Webster. I have an undisguised affection for childrens' books based on knitting. The Joanna Johnson books, Phoebe's Sweater, Phoebe's Birthday and Freddie's Blanket; Shall I Knit You A Hat?; and my favourite Australian one, The Bush Jumper.




What's not to love about a knitting koala?


Cuddlepie's happy birthday
Linking to Yarn Along with Ginny at Small Things.

Happy knitting!


No comments:

Post a Comment