Thursday 13 November 2014

Cashmere and my new favourite magazine

Joining Ginny today at Small Things for this week's Yarn Along.

With a few friends with babies due, I have been working on some baby items to stash away. This hug-me-tight will be given to a friend who had a little girl three days ago. I love the name they chose, Ivy Mae. 

It looks red in the photo but is more a deep pink. 




But seriously, who jumps into a pattern without reading all the way to the end?! Ah, me, all the time! If I HAD read to the end, I would have realised that I need to attach ribbon to thread through the eyelet and wrap around the baby to tie. And where, in a small country town, am I going to find that colour ribbon? May have to improvise with I-cord.
It is knitted in cashmere and it is so lovely and soft, I just want to stroke it all the time.


And my reading at the moment? I am compulsively reading my way through all the back issues of Taproot. Absolutely adore it.







I have wanted to purchase this magazine since it first went on sale but it is just too expensive to get posted here to Australia. But just on Friday, I found someone selling it here! And I purchased all 11 issues! And they arrived here on Monday! How efficient is that?! 




Gorgeous business card and quote card, and the magazines came tied beautifully with this lovely yarn, which I think will be enough to knit a little gnome cloak. 

So many, many thanks to Spiral Garden, a wonderful Waldorf supplier in Tasmania, Australia. 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful baby sweater! I love Taproot Magazine! I was reading one last night! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so happy I finally bought these magazines. I just hope Spiral Garden keep getting them.

      Delete
  2. That sounds great! Well done on getting some taproot magazines.
    Enjoy your read :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your baby sweater. I ordered Taproot and I love reading it slowly when it comes, it's so great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do that with magazines too - I only allow myself an article a day.

      Delete
  4. Love knitting from vintage patterns. Your baby sweater looks very nice! Glad you were able to track down some issues of Taproot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love vintage patterns - I have quite a collection. Ebay is great for that!

      Delete