Sunday 8 March 2015

Wool On Sundays

There hasn't been much woolliness happening here in the last day or two, as I have been busy around the farm.

The Colin Vest is nearing completion, but very scarily, I am getting dangerously close to the end of the yarn. It may just make it!



I have completed both front and back to the decreasing for armhole stage. I knitted them at the same time just to make sure I had enough of each colour. 
I love the way it looks - kind of like an Argyle vest but without all the colourwork involved. This is where you all nod and say 'Yes, it looks just like an Argyle vest!' 
I'm sure my hubby starts hearing elevator music in his head when I talk about knitting (I am thinking it would be The Girl From Ipanema) as he just looked at me blankly when I mentioned this to him!

Next project, which will hopefully be started tonight, is this Scarf In A Scarf kit by Skeino that was in my November 2014 Knit Crate subscription package.




What a great idea! And I love the colourway I received! As it is a surprise package, no choice of colourway is available. But this is the one I would have chosen anyway. 

I am going to knit the ruffled scarf option.



I'm not sure if this means that there will be enough yarn for the scarf and the fingerless gloves - that would be wonderful! I will have to see as I knit it up.

Linking today with Rainbow Hare for Wool On Sundays. Hope to see you there!




20 comments:

  1. Love the vest colours and the colour too of the scarf in a scarf should all look good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Should have them both done for Friday finishes!

      Delete
  2. I love your stripy vest - I hope your yarn lasts out - and the scarf in a scarf pattern looks great. Your skein is a beautiful colourway. Thank you for linking up with Wool on Sundays :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I did finish the vest and some yarn to spare. Phew!

      Delete
  3. The vest is looking wonderful! Sending you a lot of good vibes for enough yarn to finish your project :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The vibes must have helped as I finished last night with some yarn to spare. Hopefully I didn't make it too short though in the quest to save yarn!

      Delete
  4. Supercute colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely it looks like argyle ;) Colorwork without the hassle is always a very good thing.

    Barbara at Knitting | Work in Progress
    http://knittingwip.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for agreeing! One day I will make a 'proper' Argyle vest, but this was way quicker for now!

      Delete
  6. I love your vest and your next project looks very fun. Pretty colors... I agree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sewing the vest up now so I can post a photo to Yarn Along!

      Delete
  7. I've never heard of such a thing. Please do share the pictures when you are done (or in progress, even). I don't think I quite "get it". Are there holes and the scarf is woven through it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are two different ways. I'll take some photos as I go. One just has buttonholes to thread the scarf through. But the ruffled one I am doing has a knitted attached I-cord border to thread through. So you knit into the edge of the scarf, do some I-cord, then knit into the edge again to make a loopy border all around. Don't know if that makes sense in writing - I'll have to show photos.

      Delete
  8. Wonderful vest, Jayne! I am glad you had enough yarn... I tend to knit/crochet faster when I fear running short, as if it will help! (ha!) Wishing you a lovely week, Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it is crazy how the mind works! I do that too. Up to sewing up now, so all good!

      Delete
  9. So glad you had enough yarn, I bet it looks gorgeous finished. Love the colours of your scarf kit yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Photo to come tomorrow - and hopefully it fits! The scarf is looking lovely in those colours.

      Delete
  10. Love the colourful vest. Love, love, love the blue scarf in a scarf. It does look like a lot of fun to knit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both finished now - and they turned out really well!

      Delete