Thursday 4 June 2015

Thankful Thursday


I am struggling to find something to talk about today, as Legoman is going through a belligerent 10 year old schoolboy phase, where his peers know everything and I know nothing at all. Phew, he is wearing me out!

But God always gives us something good, and he is a good kid at heart. He will pass through this phase.

So today I am thankful for:

  • Cuddlepie's hugs, which are sometimes so tight it is hard to breathe. I cannot believe a three year old can hug so hard!
  • Whirlwind's developing faith. He is such a sweetie, with some of the observations he comes out with. The loss of my daughter's baby was a hard one for him as he is just starting to cement his faith. So I had questions like 'if God makes us all and he can do anything he wants, why would he make the baby wrong?' It is hard for him to understand (and for us adults as well, sometimes).
  • My garden, which is giving me so much enjoyment as I weed and mulch and plant.
  • My dad, who is going through cancer at the moment. He will start chemo in a few weeks after he finishes the stem cell treatment. 
  • Life in general - thank you, Lord, for each and every day.
Whirlwind's favourite song (and one of mine too)



6 comments:

  1. what a positive and upbeat post. Makes me thankful for all we have as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Some days are harder than others, but I try to be as thankful as I can.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this. It is so easy to look at problems and lose sight of thankfulness. I think it all boils down to habit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. That is why I started doing this post once a week, as it seems to be human nature to focus on the negative and forget all about the good things we have.

      Delete
  3. hoping your dad does well with his treatments! You and I both know that you know more than 10 yo boys :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. He is fighting hard. I hope I know more, but try convincing Legoman of that!

      Delete