Wednesday 19 October 2016

Very Sad Day - Book Destash - And Some Knitting

It is a sad day when it is time for a book destash! But even I will admit that just maybe, the books are taking over a teeny bit.




Normally this would so be me! No such thing as too many books. But I really do have literally 1000s and as we are no longer homeschooling, quite a few can go. I am also clearing out DVDs and sob, sob, my china collection.


If you happen to be in Australia, you can join this Facebook group, Homeschool Buy, Swap, Sell - Australia, to see what I have for sale.


So while I am stash busting my books, I am currently reading The Dilemma of Charlotte Farrow by Olivia Newport.




I was halfway through before I noticed this is actually the second book of a series. But it is perfectly fine as a stand-alone novel. I am really enjoying it - a quick and interesting read as I love historical fiction.


I haven't cast anything on for a while, except for this garden gnome. And I have done so little - two boots and about a quarter of the jacket.
But this is what he will look like, eventually!




I also purchased two gorgeous new patterns from Georgie at Tikki.


This is Vexillum.





And this is Oolong.



Photos from Tikki Knits on Ravelry


It is spring here (not that you would know!) but I am still looking at shawl patterns. My favourite thing to knit.
What is your favourite thing to knit?


Linking today with Ginny for Yarn Along.


Have a lovely knitting and reading week!


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful patterns. I seem to be do a lot of crochet at the moment. I love to make for the Grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is on my bucket list - teach myself to crochet from Youtube. Some of the crochet toy patterns are just gorgeous!

      Delete
  2. LOL. That is so the look I give my husband when he says I have enough books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! It is sad to move them on but they are going to families that will use them and freeing up some space and cash for me.

      Delete
  3. WIth good intentions I donated two laundry bags of books to the church a couple of weeks ago , they were given to me by son in law , his mum was declutering , they were all chick lit and miserable childhood stories . THen I went. Into the church shop today and they had a all books 10p sale , I was good and only bought five , they were very me historical mysteries and biographies , that's my excuse anyway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot enter charity shops as I will just gravitate to the bookshelves and mysteriously extra books will find their way home! When they are so cheap, it is way too tempting! That is how lots of china ends up at my house too - can't resist a bargain.

      Delete
  4. Ha ha that is my look when ever anyone ever suggests decluttering my books! However once I have read one I make an effort to pass it on but I then somehow aquire at least two more :) The gnomb is the cutest, looking forward to seeing your version. The shawl patterns are beautiful, I need to make myself one oneday. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same with me - the books seem to come in all by themselves! The poor gnome is coming along VERY slowly. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete