Sunday 11 March 2018

Some More Knits

I promise I will start to chat about something other than knitting again soon. But I am slightly obsessed at the moment! I wish I didn't have to do anything else, to be honest.

Found this project languishing away in a bag during the week. Thank goodness for Ravelry as I had lost my hand written notes on size, etc. Luckily it is all stored in my Projects page! I do love Ravelry - it is well worth the effort of putting your information in there. And I think I have said before, how much I love to stash and project stalk and see what other people have and are knitting! 



Oh but I do! And you can find it all on Ravelry! Well, actually not all as I still have some boxes I haven't got around to photographing. I am a yarn addict, I'm afraid.

Anyway, back to the point. This project is the Amy pinafore from The March Sisters ebook. Definitely had to have patterns relating to Little Women!
My notes are here.




Definitely for someone who loves brights!
I am using my Nixie yarn base which is 100% fine micron wool in fingering weight in Shocking Pink and Lollipop colourways. I am hoping to have both these colours in the shop for the stock update on Friday.

I have also started a little project today. I wonder if you can guess what it is? Think, two year old granddaughter's birthday present - not clothing.



I really love a picot cast off edge. It takes longer but looks so effective.

I'll share some photos of the mystery finished object during the week.

I have just started reading The Boy Made Of Snow by Chloe Mayer. I am really enjoying it so far as I have no idea where the book could be heading. At the moment, there are so many possible avenues it could take. 
It is set in 1944 in England (just my era!) and is the story of a boy and his mother. She has suffered from post natal depression since his birth, but of course in those days, that was reason enough to be committed to an asylum. So she is trying to act 'normally'. The father is away at war and a group of German POWs have just been assigned to a farm near her house. 
That is as far as I have got, which is all pretty much in the blurb anyway. It could go anywhere so I am looking forward to finding out. And to discovering the meaning of the title.

I will link this to Ginny's Yarn Along for the month of March.




No comments:

Post a Comment